Wednesday, March 11, 2009

6 weeks

Tomorrow will be six weeks since my hysterectomy so I'll be seeing the doctor and hopefully she'll release me to return to work and resume other activities. Things have really been pretty quiet around here, so I haven't had much to blog about.

Kristen has Spring Break next week, then she'll be in her last 9 weeks of Kindergarten. The school year has been extended by 3 days because they missed 3 days in January due to ice. She is still going to dance class every Monday night and she still LOVES it. They'll be having their recital the last weekend in May and she's really excited about that.

We're trying to figure out where to go for our summer vacation. I asked Kristen where she wants to go and she said "Hawaii". I was thinking more of someplace we could drive.

I was able to visit Abby in the hospital this week and she continues to need your prayers. She's having a difficult week.

I've been following another blog that is linked to the Riggs blog...a little girl named Brinley has leukemia and has been going through chemo. She's two years old and just beautiful. They also have two other daughters and their mom is expecting their 4th child in just a few weeks. One of the other girls has been having health problems for a couple of months and yesterday they started running more tests and one of the possibilities is leukemia. I'm praying that it's something minor, but they are very worried. Please check out their blog at http://www.sweetbrinley.com/

On a happier note, we went to Kya, Jenna, and Dani's birthday party on Sunday. They are 3 of our Guatemala friends and they all are turning 3 within a couple of weeks of each other so they had a group party. Kristen loves getting together with her Guatemala friends and I love seeing the beautiful kids and their sweet parents. We'll be going to the annual Dillon International Guatemala weekend in Tulsa in a few weeks so we'll be seeing lots of friends that we don't get to see often.

TTFN

1 comment:

Live to love and laugh said...

Oh come on Phyllis, Hawaii is the most beautiful place on earth. She would have so much fun. Take her Take her.
Am I helping her cause any????