Sunday, November 8, 2009

Recipe for Cranberry Salad

So Thanksgiving and Christmas are almost here and this is my favorite time to cook. Well, I love cooking any time of year, but this is the best. Maybe it's because I love to eat all the great food we have for the holidays :) Here's a recipe I LOVE to make. I can't handle the jellied cranberry stuff in the can...this cranberry salad is good enough to actually be a dessert. I actually have passed up dessert before to have another helping of this!

Cranberry Salad

1 bag cranberries
2 c. sugar
1 large can crushed pineapple (optional)
2 c. mini marshmallows
Cool Whip or 1/2 pt. whipping cream
1 c. chopped pecans

Grind cranberries in food processor. Add sugar and let stand overnight (I put in refrigerator). Next morning - Strain and keep juice. Strain pineapple. Add pineapple, marshmallows and Cool Whip to cranberry mixture. Mix well. If too dry add cranberry juice to the right consistency. Add pecans. Refrigerate.

I know the recipe says pineapple is optional but I wouldn't dream of leaving it out. I'll see what other yummy recipes I can post before Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Thank you! I am a terrible cook and do not like to cook at all, and don't like to eat most of it either. I love the sweets. YOu know how the holidays are everyone brings something, so its nice to get some idea's that sound easy and hopefully I can't mess up too much. THank you!

Joyce said...

Okay, you're tagged to make this for Thanksgiving.

Gardenia said...

Just in tune for Thanksgiving. we love cranberry sauce at our house -- and usually make it from scratch. this sounds delightful -- perhaps we will try it.